Summer Reading Club 2021
Artwork by Zoe Si (@zoesees)
Calling Kids of All Ages – Join the BC Summer Reading Club!
This year the BC Summer Reading Club will be available in-person, with traditional print materials, and online. This free summer program is a great way to discover new books and have fun reading throughout the summer. Kids can read anything they like – chapter books, graphic novels, non-fiction, comics, ebooks, audiobooks, etc. Being read to counts too! So choose a book and read together! Earn weekly stickers, digital badges, and a medal at the end of the summer for completing 50 days of reading!
- Sign up in-person at the Bowen Island Public Library. You will get a reading tracker, bookmark, colouring sheet and a reading log. Or sign up online at bcsrc.ca to receive a digital tracker. Kids who register in-person will also be entered into a draw for a SRC prize!
- Mark your Summer Reading Club tracker for every day you read, or are read to, for at least 15 minutes. For every 7 days of reading, bring your tracker to the library to receive a sticker! You can use the reading log to keep track of the books you read.
- When you complete 50 days of reading, you earn an official Summer Reading Club medal!
This Summer, the library will be offering a hybrid of virtual, take home and in-person activities.
- Sign-up for our Summer Reading Club e-newsletter! Each week you will receive a weekly themed email with an activity you can do at home, a riddle, fun trivia and news on upcoming summer reading club events.
- We are also excited to offer eight virtual Meet the Author events. These talks will take place Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout July. Registration is required. Find more information here.
- Starting on June 29th, come by the library and borrow one of our three SRC activity kits! Take one of these kits home for 7 days and learn to: code secret messages, write in invisible ink and take and examine fingerprints.
- Join us in-person for two crafts and a scavenger hunt. Check the library events calendar for specific dates and times.
We will be adding more information about the Summer Reading Club medal ceremony, so check this page regularly and sign up for our SRC e-newsletter.