Adult Spelling Bee
2nd Annual Adult Spelling Bee
September 30, 2017
Click Here to Buy Tickets Online (Tickets also available at the library, cash or cheque only)
Click Here to Register your Team – Download a fillable PDF Team Registration form
• Please email completed form to email@example.com, or drop off the printed form at the library
• Team registration forms also available at the library
• All team tickets must be paid for at time of registration (if sending form by email, please come in to pay for team tickets)
Sponsor a Team Click on a team name below to donate in their name! Help your favourite team earn the Biggest Honey Pot Prize – donations can be made until October 8.
- The Bee Catchers (Irene Wanless, Marc Gawthrop, Graham Ritchie, Martin Clarke)
- The Beekeepers (Mike Epp, Suzan Ross, Lynne Hartle, Colleen Ireland)
- Buzz Light & The Pollinators (Susan Swift, Roger McGillivray, Stephanie Legg, Nancy Lamphear)
- Municipal Bees (Hope Dallas, Maureen Nicholson, Bonny Brokenshire, Janice Skeels)
- Spell Checkers (John Givins, Trish Keating, Pam Culver, Mike Trevillion)
- Arts Avengers (Peter Williamson, Nerys Poole, Susanna Braund, Deborah Bramm)
- Bowen Scouts Team members TBD
This second annual event will be another fundraiser for our Cove Commons Project, which still needs funding to complete the public plaza outside.
Start pulling a team together! The venue will be Cates Chapel again (until the Cove Commons is finished), held on September 30, 2017 at 7:30 pm.
Bee there or bee square!
2016 – Our First Annual Bee
Our first Annual Adult Spelling Bee was a buzzing success! On Saturday October 22, 2016 ten teams of 4 spellers vied for the Golden Bee Award. Competition was fierce (in between the laughing) and the winning team came in just five points ahead of the others. Congratulations to the Killer Bees, featuring Michael
Epp, Colleen Ireland, Lynne Roedde and Suzan Ross who took the trophies with 255 points.
Second place went to the Spellcasters, and third place was tied between the Arts Avengers and the Buzzer Killers. Best Team Theme went to team Spellbound, and the Bee Witched team won “Most Spirited Team”.
This year’s Bee was a fundraising event for the Cove Commons project (Annex/Gallery), and we thank all participants and sponsors for their help in raising over $1,000 for the project.
If you wish to donate to the Cove Commons you can still do so with a credit card online here.
Thank you to the 40 team members who were so very brave to step up and be “spellers”. We will continue this new tradition next October with the 2nd Annual Adult Spelling Bee.
For those audience members who wanted to play along – next year we’ll have note cards and pencils for you to test your skills against the teams. A link to this year’s word list is below in pdf.