Library COVID-19 Updates
Updated: July 4, 2020
Please check this page for further updates.
Library Services Available
- The Library is now open limited hours.
- Patrons can access Bowen Library’s many online resources from home, including eBooks and eAudio, online learning, digital magazines, and more.
- Library Takeout service is available to borrow books, DVDs, and more, with contactless pickup.
- Med Shed borrowing is also available, for those who require medical equipment.
- Our Tech Tutor service is available remotely.
- Storytime is available via video online.
- Bowen Library staff are available to answer questions by email to email@example.com
- Check our website regularly for updates on newly available services, library materials lending, and more.
Book Return, Items Out, and Late Fees
Our book return drop box is now open at all times.
Due dates are back to their regular lending periods, and regular late fines are now reinstated. Learn more here. Staff will check in your books after 72 hours of quarantine. You will not be fined for the quarantine period.
Annex & Flex Room Use & Rentals
The Annex and Flex Room are not currently available for quiet study or private bookings.
Previously planned in-library programs have been cancelled until further notice. Find our Storytime online here.
Covid-19 Policies and Plans
Library Board Meetings
During the closure of the library building, monthly board meetings will be held by Zoom video conferencing. If you would like to attend a board meeting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 pm on the meeting day and we will send you Zoom link information. The Board meets each month of the year except for August and December. Meetings are on the third Thursday of the month at 7 pm.
Stay Informed on COVID-19
We recommend that you keep informed on the virus by consulting reliable sources such as:
- Bowen Island Municipality www.bowenislandmunicipality.ca/eoc
- BC Centre for Disease Control www.bccdc.ca
- Public Health Agency of Canada www.canada.ca/coronavirus
- Vancouver Coastal Health www.vch.ca