Library COVID-19 Updates
Updated: July 22, 2021
Library Services Available
- The Library is open these hours.
- Before you visit, you may like to read about what to expect while visiting the library during COVID.
- Contactless pickup through our Library Takeout service is available on request.
- Our Tech Tutor service is available remotely at this time. In-person tutoring will be available when it is considered safe for staff and the patron.
- A public internet computer with printing is available to book. We also have email-to-print service, faxing, self-service photocopying, and scanning.
- Patrons can access Bowen Library’s many online resources from home, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, online learning, and more.
- Bowen Library staff are available to answer questions by phone and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check our website regularly for updates on newly available services, library materials lending, and more.
Collections and Borrowing Materials
- Our book return drop box is now open at all times.
- Please return Med Shed medical equipment, kits, and puzzles to the circulation desk during our open hours. Please clean medical equipment after use.
- Due dates are back to their regular lending periods, and regular late fines are now reinstated. Learn more here.
- Material Handling FAQs
Annex & Flex Room Use & Rentals
- The Annex is available for quiet study. Masks are required.
- The Annex and Flex Room are not currently available for private bookings.
Covid-19 Policies and Plans
- Safety Plan – Revised December 2020
- Phased Restoration of Services Plan
- Work From Home Policy
- Temporary Employment Policy
Library Board Meetings
Monthly board meetings will be held by Zoom video conferencing. If you would like to attend a board meeting, please email us at email@example.com by 1 pm on the meeting day and we will send you Zoom link information. The Board meets each month of the year except for August and December. Meetings are on the third Thursday of the month at 7 pm.
Stay Informed on COVID-19
We recommend that you keep informed on the virus by consulting reliable sources such as:
- Bowen Island Municipality www.bowenislandmunicipality.ca/eoc
- BC Centre for Disease Control www.bccdc.ca
- Public Health Agency of Canada www.canada.ca/coronavirus
- Vancouver Coastal Health www.vch.ca