Library COVID-19 Updates
Updated: August 3, 2022
Currently, no public health orders affect library services and programs. Masks are encouraged but not required in the library. Please stay home if you are feeling ill; staff are happy to help you over the phone or by email.
Library Services and COVID-19
- Room Rentals. Our ability to offer private bookings of the Annex and Flex Room may be affected by current health orders. Please see our Room Rentals page for further details. The Annex and Flex Room are available for patron use during open hours and when not in use by the library or for private bookings.
- Tech Tutor. Our Tech Tutor service is available in person and/or remotely. Check the Tech Tutor page for the current status of appointments.
- Programs. Library programs may be held online, outdoors, or in the library, and may have specific requirements for attendees, depending on provincial guidelines. Find out about specific upcoming programs (location, registration, attendee requirements) from our Events Calendar. Stay informed about upcoming programs by subscribing to our e-Newsletter.
- Takeout. For those who do not wish to enter the library, contactless pickup through our Library Takeout service is available on request.
- Register for a Library Card Online. You may sign up for a library card online if you prefer not to visit us in person.
- Book Return. Our outside Book Return slot is now open 24 hours. It is located by the (north) Annex doors. Patrons may also return books inside in the book drop slot at the circulation desk during open hours. Please return puzzles, kits, and medical equipment inside during our open hours.
- All other services are running as usual; please find more information on these in our website menu.
Covid-19 Policies and Plans
- Communicable Disease Plan
- Phased Restoration of Services Plan
- Work From Home Policy
- Temporary Employment Policy
- Material Handling FAQs
Library Board Meetings
Monthly board meetings will be held by Zoom video conferencing. If you would like to attend a board meeting, please email us at email@example.com by 1 pm on the meeting day and we will send you Zoom link information. The Board meets each month of the year except for August and December. Meetings are on the third Thursday of the month at 7 pm.
Stay Informed on COVID-19
We recommend that you keep informed on the virus by consulting reliable sources such as:
- Bowen Island Municipality www.bowenislandmunicipality.ca/eoc
- BC Centre for Disease Control www.bccdc.ca
- Public Health Agency of Canada www.canada.ca/coronavirus
- Vancouver Coastal Health www.vch.ca