About Sphero SPRK+
Spheros support Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) learning. Sphero SPRK+ brings robotics, coding, and STEAM principles together–all through play! Navigate a maze, program a painting, mimic the solar system, swim across water, or have a dance party. You can also code your own program and design your own activity. The only limit is your imagination.
Want to borrow a Sphero SPRK+ kit? It’s easy! All you need is a Bowen Library card.
You may check out your Sphero SPRK+ kit for a three-week loan period (there are no renewals). Please return your Sphero SPRK+ kit on time to the Bowen Library circulation desk during open hours.
Each Sphero SPRK+ kit includes:
- a Sphero SPRK+ robotic ball
- charging cable
- charging base
You’ll need to provide your own smart phone or tablet, and download a Sphero app. We suggest the Sphero Edu app.
- Charge Sphero SPRK+
- During charging, the blue light indicator on the charging cradle will blink.
- When fully charged, the light indicator will turn solid blue.
- It takes up to three hours to recharge the battery. *Please wait for Sphero to cool down before charging.
- Get Sphero App
- Enable Bluetooth on your device
- Bluetooth options will appear in your device settings.
- Firmware updates occur automatically when you connect Sphero SPRK+ to your mobile device. It takes about 30 seconds to complete.
- You’re done! Open the Sphero Edu app and get rolling!
Get Help, Keep Learning
Connect with Bowen Library staff for help working with one of our Sphero SPRK+ kits or with your own Sphero device. Book the Tech Tutor for one-on-one tech help.
Visit our library catalogue to find computer coding resources for young and old. You can also access thousands of programming how-to videos through our LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) subscription, free with your Bowen Library card.