About Sphero SPRK+
Spheros support Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) learning. Sphero SPRK+ brings robotics, coding, and STEAM principles together–all through play! Navigate a maze, program a painting, mimic the solar system, swim across water, or have a dance party. You can also code your own program and design your own activity. The only limit is your imagination.
Want to borrow a Sphero SPRK+ kit? It’s easy! All you need is a Bowen Library card.
You may check out your Sphero SPRK+ kit for a three-week loan period (there are no renewals). Please return your Sphero SPRK+ kit on time to the Bowen Library circulation desk during open hours.
Each Sphero SPRK+ kit includes:
- a Sphero SPRK+ robotic ball
- charging cable
- charging base
You’ll need to provide your own smart phone or tablet, and download a Sphero app. We suggest the Sphero Edu app.
- Charge Sphero SPRK+
- During charging, the blue light indicator on the charging cradle will blink.
- When fully charged, the light indicator will turn solid blue.
- It takes up to three hours to recharge the battery. *Please wait for Sphero to cool down before charging.
- Get Sphero App
- Enable Bluetooth on your device
- Bluetooth options will appear in your device settings.
- Firmware updates occur automatically when you connect Sphero SPRK+ to your mobile device. It takes about 30 seconds to complete.
- You’re done! Open the Sphero Edu app and get rolling!
Here are also some visual instructions to get you started.
Get Help, Keep Learning
Connect with Bowen Library staff for help working with one of our Sphero SPRK+ kits or with your own Sphero device. Book the Tech Tutor for one-on-one tech help.
Visit our library catalogue to find computer coding resources for young and old. You can also access thousands of programming how-to videos through our LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) subscription, free with your Bowen Library card.