Visiting the Library During COVID
Updated: July 22, 2021
The Library is open during COVID. Things look a little different, so please read the following. You can also find out more on our Library COVID-19 Updates page.
Where do I enter?
- Please enter at the Library Annex (north) door, by the book drop slot. A green light means we have capacity for you to enter, while a red light means please wait.
- Exit by the front (south) door only.
What should I know before coming?
- Masks are required indoors, as per the provincial mandate. If you do not have a mask we can provide you with one. Staff will also be wearing masks or face shields.
- We encourage you to use the provided hand sanitizer before entering and on your way out.
- Please bring your library card. If you are checking out items for a friend or family member, please bring their library card with you, so we know you have their permission to check out to their account.
- One catalogue computer is available for patrons to use, but staff are also happy to search for items for you at the circulation desk, over the phone, or by email.
- An internet computer with printing is available, as well as our new email-to-print service, faxing, and scanning.
- A self-serve black & white photocopier is available.
- Patrons can pick up their items on hold inside the library during our open hours, or request contactless pickup (Takeout). Learn more about Takeout and holds.
How do I return books?
- Our outside Book Return slot is now open 24 hours. Patrons may also return books inside in the book drop slot at the circulation desk during open hours.
- To return Med Shed items, kits, and puzzles, please return them inside during our open hours.
- We ask that patrons please clean all medical equipment before returning it. (Staff will do a final sanitize of medical equipment.)
What about due dates & fines?
- Due dates are back to their regular lending periods, and regular late fines are now reinstated. Learn more.
- As always, items returned on a day that the library is not open will not accrue fines while the library is closed.
Is the Annex & Flex Room available?
- The Annex is available for quiet study. Masks are required.
- The Annex and Flex Room are not currently available for private bookings.
I’m concerned about sharing books. What should I know?
- Guidelines for libraries and for library visitors, issued by the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC), state that the risk of transmission from borrowed library items is very low. Read more here.
- We offer hand sanitizer at the front door and in the building and encourage everyone to use it.
- Read our Safety Plan here.
How may I get a library card?
Register online here, or come in person to the library with your ID showing your address.
We thank you in advance for your patience while we all adjust. We look forward to serving you in person soon!