Grandfriends Pen Pals Program (Registration Deadline is Oct. 15)
Updated October 3, 2020
Prefer to fill out a paper form? Come to the Bowen Island Library Wed-Sat 12 pm-3 pm, or email us for a PDF you can print at home: email@example.com
Prefer to register over the phone? Call the Library Wed-Sat, 10 am-4 pm at (604) 947-9788.
- For Bowen Islanders 55+
- Grandfriend participants write one short letter to students per month on a theme, and receive and read 1-8 short letters from students (K-7) per month.
- Runs October 2020 – May 2021
- There is no cost to participate
- Please register by October 15, 2020
- Letters (or emails) are due at the Bowen Library by the 21st of each month
- Drop off letters at Bowen Library’s book return slot (no need for a stamp), or mail them to Bowen Island Community School CSC/ Sarah Haxby, PO Box 220, Bowen Island BC V0N 1G0
- Prefer email? Email your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Themes will be emailed out to participants. The first (October) letter theme is “Introductions”. Write a short letter introducing yourself that shares a few of your hobbies, interests and/or about your career(s).
Would you like to participate via email, but are new to email or computers? Book a Tech Tutor session at the library by emailing email@example.com
Questions about this program? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Grandfriends Pen Pals is presented by Bowen Island Communtity School and the Bowen Island Public Library.