Library cards are issued free to:
- all residents or property owners of Bowen Island
- all residents of the Public Library InterLINK area (http://www.interlinklibraries.ca)
- any BC resident with a valid public library card from their home library* (BC One Card)
Anyone else wishing to obtain a library card will be issued a card based on their permanent residence address according to the definitions below. Fees are charged for Visitor cards and non-resident cards. Current fees can be found here.
- A visiting patron is defined as anyone visiting or residing on Bowen Island for 6 months or less, but permanently living outside of British Columbia.
- Fees are charged for Visitor Cards.
- Visitors must show ID with their permanent home address.
- Visitors are issued with either 1 week, 1 month or 3 month cards.
- Visitors cards may be extended up to a maximum of 6 months.
- After 6 months the patron should apply for a regular library card or an annual Non-resident card. Full borrowing privileges are granted to Visitor Card holders.
- Non-residents are defined as:
- Anyone living within the Public Library InterLINK region but in communities not signatory to the InterLINK agreement (i.e. University Endowment Lands, Belcarra, Anmore, etc.)
- Anyone permanently living outside of British Columbia who is not a temporary visitor nor a property owner on Bowen Island and wishes to hold an annual membership.
- Non-resident patrons are issued annual membership cards as individuals or as a family (click here for fees)
- Full borrowing privileges are granted to Non-resident card holders.
*BC One Card
- BC One Cards are issued to any resident of British Columbia who is not a resident or property owner on Bowen Island or in the InterLINK area.
- The patron must have a library card from their BC home public library.
- The BC One Card is issued for free.